Posted on 6:32 PM

New year, New School!

By Robin at 6:32 PM



Last Monday began something really big...a new school for Sydney. She is going to school 4 days a week now. As most of you know, Sydney's regular babysitter, Heather has exciting news...she's having a baby. Syd is still with Heather one day a week right now and you can't even imagine the enthusiasm she had last week when I dropped her off-sheer joy! Trace agreed to drop her off at school first, since the first drop-offs may be the most traumatic (for all)! She did cry, but everyone was really sweet and they let me call lots to check on her and they also said the tears went away shortly after she was dropped off. I finally handled a drop-off on Friday and think I may have actually cried more than Sydney. Seeing her cry and reach out calling my name was simply terrible. I was "together" by the time I went to work and I'm going to brave "drop-offs" again this week- WISH ME LUCK! :) I actually work with several of the other parents from her school and they all have wonderful things to say about the school. After one week, I agree; we found a winner! She is excited to play with the kids and to learn all the fun things they are teaching her. The teachers have told me she's "very smart, funny and has great manners". I'm glad I've gotten good reports so far, but I know she's human (and sassy at home), so we'll just take one day at a time. I know she's even used the "big kid potty" for them too so maybe she'll do well with that there as well.

Here are a couple of pics of us the first day she went to school. I know you like the glamorous background for the pic of Sydney and I. The reason the pantry is the background is she was refusing to smile until we did tricks, like jump out of the pantry... She's really getting a mind of her own.

1 comments

Frances Vineyard on January 24, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

It was great to meet you all today! Sydney is so cute! I remember dropping the boys off at MDO and crying the whole way to my destination! :) Here is our blog
www.jackandjake.blogspot.com :)